2.25.2010

ACTION! TAKE TWO

There was a bit of a blog break here as I attempted to straighten out some things in my personal life & to also really think about where it is I want to go with my photography, what I want to do with it & what I want it to be. It all sounds rather deep, doesn't it? Lol. Well, I'm happy to report that I think I have a much better idea now & am excited by the possibilities. Now just to be fearless, take risks & (slowly) execute 'em...

With these somewhat new revelations & decisions I also did a bit of a blog overhaul - making it really clean and fresh to better reflect the direction I want to go in & showcase my images. I also made the decision to remove some of my old posts...actually all of my old posts - though I will be re-blogging two shoots I was particularly proud of. There weren't too many other posts (so don't worry, you're not missing much) but I felt that I wanted this to be kind of like a new start...

I also have a few newer shoots to blog from this past Fall & the below image is one of my favourites from a shoot I did for my friend with her husband & newborn baby girl back in November. It captured a totally real moment if ever there was one! And while it's not the typical "happy baby smiley" photo - I love it precisely for that reason. I love the wrinkly baby face. I love the expression on my friend Natalie's face - kinda "uh oh..." I love that we did it in her home; which totally makes sense for new parents I think. 

I've decided I'm not a huge fan of "sneak peeks" or "teaser posts" so I promise I won't post "one photo sneak peeks" too often but...I'll blog a few more of my favourites from this shoot later this week...

With Spring on the horizon I'm excited about the possibilities & this kind of new fresh start. I'm feeling re-inspired, re-energized & more focused on what I want for Sahara Blue.

4 comments:

Post a Comment